FIRST, GET ACQUAINTED
- FIRST: Fill out the contact us page. We’ll communicate by email or phone to set your first consultation (call us at 309-762-8533).
- SECOND: Take as many high resolution pics of your site needed to give a visual tour (panorama shots ideal) . Email full resolution site pics and any existing site plan / architectural drawings to firstname.lastname@example.org
- THIRD: Gather imagery (via things like magazine cutouts or Houzz.com idea books) for our consult, showing what you like (and don’t like).
SELECT YOUR CONSULTATION OPTION:
- ONLINE MEETING (complimentary): From anywhere in the world, we can all log in from home or work to view my computer screen.
- IN-STUDIO MEETING (complimentary): Come into my studio and we will discuss your project images and review examples.
- ON-SITE MEETING ($195 redeemable deposit – QC Area): I can come to you, to walk your site in person.
DEFINE YOUR OBJECTIVES: The goal of the first consultation is to reach a general consensus from all parties, identifying:
- SITE CONDITIONS: What’s not working yet about your site’s existing conditions and what are your site’s strengths to be accentuated.
- PROJECT OBJECTIVES: What are the key features, amenities, and stylistic / esthetic themes that you would like to have in your ideal environment.
- TAILORED DESIGN SERVICES: Arrive at an agreed upon scope and cost for conceptual design drawings, based upon the previous determinations.
DEVELOP YOUR PROGRAM:
- Forest Green’s CONTRIBUTION: Forest Green will be showing you case study projects as examples of solutions that, from his experience, speak to similar challenges and opportunities presented by your site.
- YOUR CONTRIBUTION: The success of the first meeting is directly proportional to your level of preparation. The more familiar you are in advance, with imagery, styles, and amenities, and the more agreement you have in advance with your spouse regarding your wish list, the more easily you will be able to respond to Forest Green’s presentation in order to achieve consensus and move toward your goal.
- WHAT YOU WILL GET: Developing a well thought out program is the directive that guides the design process, and that is where we start. After your consultation, Forest Green will prepare a written summary that outlines the determinations that were made in our consultation, bringing clarity and focus of what is needing to be addressed. This will help subdue what may have felt like an overwhelming sea of options. In addition to having a working program for design objectives, you will also receive a proposal for Conceptual Design Services. It is not customary to prepare drawings at this early stage, as this is the end product of many hours of site measuring, brainstorming and creative problem solving. (These steps take place once we’ve collaborated and you’ve approved moving forward with design).
ENJOY THE PROCESS:
- DREAM FIRST: The best design will be a synthesis of your site conditions and wish list. Forest Green’s goal is to first create a master plan for your entire project. Once your ideal layout is determined, then you will have a sense of clarity regarding your projects potential and direction.
- QUANTIFY SECOND: Then and only then can you quantify, measure and explore cost options, which will guide you in determining which finishes and features are preferred.
- STRATEGIZE THIRD: Once the design and respective pricing is done, you are now empowered to know exactly what your priorities are and how to achieve what you want, on your terms, in your timing.
SECOND, EXPLORE YOUR OPTIONS
- Conceptual Design is Forest Green’s first forte.
- The cost for conceptual design is a fraction of your construction costs, yet it is the most vital investment you can make.
- Conceptual Design done right, is where all of your ideas and site conditions are merged into one cohesive, self evident layout, perfecting all the elements into a two dimensional plan view master plan drawing.
- After conceptual design services are complete, Forest Green will then obtain a construction proposal for you from his team of installers. A construction proposal will spell out allowances, highlighting good, better and best options for your consideration.
- 3D rendering is also offered at an additional cost.
THIRD, SIT BACK AND ENJOY
- Forest Green’s second forte is assembling a team of accomplished artisans that orchestrate the entire project for you, start to finish. These are a vetted installers, team players, hands on orchestrators that thrive on details and the finesse of pulling it all together. And to top it off, they are insightful designers in their own right, perfecting the vision.
- Once you have approved a construction contract, Forest Green’s role is to commence with construction documents, detailing the elements that you chose to implement. As the project moves forward, finishes, colors, fabrics, and furniture can all be explored with you.
- The cost for construction drawings, site supervision and continued design support is INCLUDED in construction contracts, when working with Forest Green’s team, at no additional charge!